Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dream Representation

What a wonderful Jan 2012 turned out to be for me.

I secured representation with an Entertainment Attorney in LA.  WhooHoo!!

I have been writing screenplays for the last 20 years skirting the fringe of the business.
All I can admit to:
I've written 14 screenplays.
Optioned 3.
Sold 0
Continued my craft education with seminars, tele-seminars, screenwriting books, etc.

I have reached the point where I am not settling for sitting with the fringe group any longer.
I have paid my emotional dues and now I am taking myself seriously... I am a professional screenwriter.
I am starting a Page One rewrite on an adaptation screenplay attached with a Letter of Intent to a major Production company.
I have a working agreement for my next screenplay. (We are working on getting LOI's from two other Production companies.)
I am developing other ideas, log lines, pitches for other projects.

This is what I've wanted to do all my life.
Why did I wait so long.....?

I guess it was my fear of success. As silly as that sounds I am not alone. I would guess many, a vast majority of people, sit and wonder what would I do if I succeeded at my dreams? What if I gave it my best and failed? What if I wasn't good enough? What would I dream then?

I keep done something until I can't do it any longer.

For me it was sitting on the fringe. No more fringe sitting for me.

Risking my dream is living my dream.

Your Life Your Movie

Namaste Speedo

No comments: