Thursday, June 26, 2008

Repeat For Correction

I heard this phrase from a gal friend of mine and I thought that I would pass it on to you. 

Repeat for Correction - is a powerful image when you take the time to consider all its ramifications. Of course the prime example is that of automatic pilots on ships or planes. These magical devises keep checking location of the ship or plane and then it makes a correction based on the destination point. 

Now take this concept and apply it to our lives.

I enter a behavior or relationship hoping for the best. I have an image of euphoria and well being. Everything is going to go exactly the way that I dream - this time. I discount all the education, life's experience, that I have logged and filed away. Wrong. It's the same thing only a different day.

I know for myself - I will keep doing something until I can't do it anymore. Okay - I am a slow learner, but really I keep hoping that the situation will get better on its own. It rarely ever does. Most times it gets worse. 

Looking back I can now see that I repeated the relationship, behavior, mistaken belief until it righted itself (God's grace) or I finally found the courage to correct either my or the other person's behavior or I removed the irritant from my life. It is up to me to find the courage not to engage in the situation, or if I found myself in the situation again - to run like hell.

How many situations in your life do you find yourself reliving over and over again only wishing things would change? 
How many situations have you tried to correct?
How many situations have you recognized as problematic - then found the courage to make a conscious choice not to continue and ran like hell in the other direction? 

We all keep reliving the same situation until we make a correction and live our life.

Remember - Repeat for Correction.

No comments: