Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy - Healthy - in Love!

Three things that we all want out of our life. . . . without exception! A bold statement but true.

Happy . . . we all want to be happy. For me that means that I am at peace with myself and those around me. I have discovered that there is only one way for me to remain happy with what is going on around me - I mean with the people in my life and my actions toward them and others. In a word - Forgiveness.

Healthy . . . After all the gold is gone - all we have left is our health. I work hard to maintain good health. I love to cook with fresh meats and vegetables. I make my own sauces from scratch. No it does not make me a good cook, although it do like my diet and cooking. It's just that I had an upbringing in a catering family. I was helping in the kitchen all my life. I worked with some great cooks around the oil patch. I was always learning how to put food together.

I exercise daily. I ride my bike over 100 miles a week. It sounds like a lot, but it's only 15 miles or so, maybe an hour a day.

And I find time for quiet meditation.

In Love . . . I found that I do not need to be in a relationship in order to be in love. I love life. I love all the wonderful and questionable people in my life - it's their path. When I live in love, I become vulnerable to life and all the gifts that it has in store for me - God's Grace. All I have to do is show up with the heart of an explorer welcoming the presents that he lays at my feet. I need to remain grateful.

It all breaks down to what God's will is for me. I discovered it 20 years ago. Here it is - simplistic but it works for me . . . .

Treat the rest of His kids with Kindness . .
Play Fair . .
Share my toys.

When I live by this philosophy I bathe myself with Happiness - Health - in Love!

Your Life - Your Rules!
Namaste Speedo

No comments: