Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th!

On the day before our Independence day - my thoughts our on the freedoms that we enjoy. I was very fortunate in my late teens and twenties to travel and live abroad in Europe, South America, Canada, the Caribbean and throughout the US.

What I was able to do was work and live as a resident and not a tourist. This enabled me to live as a resident. Experience what life and their freedoms offered. I have to say that in every country that I lived I found something better - one thing better, than we have it in the good ol' USA. But on the whole - not a single country our shined America.

We have warts, scares, boils, etc., etc.. Americans seem to revel n talking a myopic view of what is wrong with America. It's easy to criticize. Why? Because the so much good exists here that when you take a magnifying glass out and illuminate what is problematic what you get is a problem blow completely out of context. But we love to blow problems out of context. It makes us feel more humane. More caring and sophisticated. We care!

I choose to look at what is good with America. I don't need to point these out for anyone. I am not attempting to sway anyone opinion. I have lived in other countries. I would hasten to guess that the majority of the Doom-Sayer's have never ventured outside our boarders for more than a week or two at most. Walk a mile in other's shoes to experience what they have experienced - and then decide. We have it pretty good and have had it that way for quite a long while.

So on tomorrows 4th of July - our Independence Day - Celebrate your freedom and give a grateful thank you to those who had the courage to dream the American Dream. It should be your dream too! I know it's mine.

God Bless America and each one of us.

Your Life - Your Rules!

Namaste Speedo

No comments: