Friday, April 3, 2009

Accepting Good-Bye

I don't know why - but I have had a tough time accepting "good-bye and take care" from my last relationship. I guess it was because it wasn't my idea. Isn't that the way it goes.

Today I was able to close the door on it. I am so co-dependent when it come to relationships that it drives me - and them - nuts. I am working on it through men's group - 7-10 men that meet weekly for support and working the Coda steps. I have found relief.

I must add - it helps - but it doesn't totally relieve the pain of being rejected. What a demoralizing feeling. There really is nothing that you can do about but go through it.

I did get my guitar back and that helps. There is something about playing music that eases most of the pain. I have always turned to music when I go through losses. It is my way of grieving. 

Writing helps too.

I wish her only happiness and love . . . the same as I wish for myself.

Your Life - Your Rules

Namaste Speedo

No comments: