Friday, May 22, 2009

Catching Your Faith

A number of my friends are being challenged in all areas for their life. Sometimes I find it hard to believe what friends endure. When there is no simple answer to how they recover. When all information points to destruction and plight. When no justification for the events aligning positively. I sum this up to people catching their faith.

Faith cannot be taught - but you can catch it. A friend told me that it well all work out just the way that it's suppose to. Then he ask me the degree of faith that I had. Of course I replied "Yes. I have faith".  He stopped me and told me that I was confusing faith with belief. 

To me belief is based on intellectual assurances that this is so, or this is not so. Some experience - mostly stubbornness on my part that this is the way it has gone. 

Today my belief is mostly based on faith and acceptance. 

I am going through changes in my life and my faith is that all is well and aligned in the universe for my current course of action. I am leaving the beautiful Palm Desert where I have called home for the last 20 years. It a combination of health and finances. My health has precluded me from working full time for that last 9 months and with the economy the way it is I was cut back to 3 half days a week. I just couldn't hold on for the medical system to diagnose me. 

They have narrowed it down to Crohn's disease  but they cannot completely rule out Cancer in my colon. I cannot financially wait for the answer so off to beautiful Wenatchee WA. My loving sister offered me a place to light with her family until I can get my feet on the ground. Sometime you have to take that empty handed leap of faith that this is meant to be. I have complete faith that this is the right move for me. 

What's your faith quotient? 

Your Life - Your Rules!

Namaste Speedo

No comments: