Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello from Wenatchee

I have traded one desert for another quite a bit further north. Wenatchee is on the eastern slopes of the Cascades in eastern Washington. The Columbia River runs through the middle of town. 8000 foot mountains to the west and waving gains of wheat 2000 feet to the east. 

A pretty little town, far removed from the rich opulent Palm Springs area. I haven't seen a Rolls, Bentley, Maserati the likes that are common around El Paseo's shops and restaurants. 

The people smile at you and say hi when they pass you on the street - but so did I as I rode through the streets of the desert. I have to admit that I felt odd saying howdy - but it made me happy to acknowledge strangers to see their reaction. Here I feel right at home. 

I met some people at a community gathering. I believe people are mostly the same the world over. Most are less protected than they are in California and large cities. 

I went to church with my sister and her family. The pastor of 13 years is resigning as of today and moving to Florida. It was a touching service as he spoke about "Life is an Adventure". He really has nothing waiting for him when he arrives. He heard the message over about 6 months that his work in Wenatchee was complete and it was his time to open another chapter with faith and courage. Letting go was lesson crucial he had to learn. We all like to hang on to the "crutches" that has served us well. Mostly we all are hesitant to let go and trust. We second guess what messages come to us as too soon, too large, too risking. The greatest error is to deny ourselves Life's Adventure by not taken risks. Not foolish risks but calculated choices that call out to us. 

This is what I am doing in Wenatchee. I do not know what is going to materialize. I do not know what lays in store for me health wise or financially. All that I have is a knowing trusting that it is all for my good. 

So hello from Wenatchee. All is well and lovely. I wish you all happiness and love as you go through your Life's Adventure. Grasp it with all the gusto and faith you can garner. It's your's for the taking. God Bless you one and all.

Your Life - Your Rules!

Namaste Speedo

No comments: