Monday, April 26, 2010

Honesty

Principle One - Honesty - fairness and straight forwardness of conduct; adherence to the facts.

Whoa! That's a lot to swallow. At least it was for me in the beginning of my recovery in 1988. I could not see myself being completely honest 'all the time'. So I had to learn through practice to watch my conduct throughout my day.

This one simple effort spawned responsibilities that I had to the people around me to find the courage to be 'honest' with them about 'me'. And all I had to do is 'adhere to the facts'. I'd let the facts speak for me with no embellishment or minimization.

An amazing thing happened - I stopped living in denial. And - I started becoming an observer of reality. Now to you this may not anything special. But if you had spent your life living in fear of everything - this was invigorating. It changed my relationships with everyone in my life.

It was the first step in becoming a lovable human being. What a gift!

Your Life - Your Rules!

Namaste Speedo

No comments: