Thursday, July 5, 2012

Muse Independence at Work

I am writing the following to as muse therapy. I have been struggling with the new project for a few weeks. I have the external story nearly nailed but I fall short with the Gates', Main Character, arc cumulating with a metamorphosis in Act 4.

The marriage lasted ten years ending in a messy divorce due to his insanity and infidelity. She looses everything becoming homeless.

In the resolution, Gates exacts revenge on the people who murdered her husband, stole his estate and destroyed his legacy. I am asking myself the big 'why' question. What is the reason she risks her life to bring to justice these people? Why doesn't she just run and hide? Why does trust the system to right its wrongs?

These are questions that plague me today. But you know what? I have found questions to ask. That is my creative independence. My muse needs its agenda free space to work. I use the "30 bad ideas" I learned from Blake Snyder. The more questions I ask, no matter how ridicules the answers, the closer I am to the best answer for the story. The secret is to keep digging deeper.

Hope you find answers to your plaguing questions.

Your Life - Your Rules!
Namaste Speedo


No comments: