Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Where are you going?

A peculiar question to pose. But relevant to my quandary this morning.
I'm writing this screenplay, working title "The Filly".  I have lost the External/Physical goal of the story. In other words I don't know where the story stops.
This is not good.
I have the Internal/Emotional goal of the story nailed. My heroes emotional transformational growth is primal and universal.
Okay.
So what's the big deal? As the Madd Hatter said to Alice... "When you get to the end Stop!" I wish it was that easy.
Have you ever planned a trip to Key West and not made it? Or San Diego? Or Omaha? Or work and just couldn't walk through the door. Hmmmm!
Well neither have I.
So I have this destination and I'm being pulled in another direction by another destination.
What to do?
I have to go with it.
I have to believe in the process.
I have to have faith that my characters will fulfill their goals or not.
Well I don't know if this has made any sense to you but I feel better dumping my dirty laundry.
Your Life - Your Movie!
Namaste Speedo



No comments: