Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life is Uncertain

Life is fleeting. Uncertain.

Now that being said - I want to ask you a question: Do you act on your insecurities? Do you take risks to better your life? Do you Chase Your Potential and Dreams?

I had to learn to overcome my fears to live the life that I want. I am not completely there yet, but I am a whole lot closer to achieving my dreams than before. What do I have to loose?

I use to try something half-heartily and when I failed - I thought that it wasn't meant to be. I thought that I wasn't good enough to achieve my goal. I'd loose my focus and fear would raise its ugly head breathing smoke to disguise my successes. I'd loose my patience with my progress, get frustrated and look for something else to quince my desires. Not usually to best course for success.

I had to find a way to quit my limiting beliefs and go for the gusto. In these uncertain times we, I, really need to get rid of my limiting beliefs. None of us can afford to sabotage ourselves. But how do we Stop?
I had to find the courage to "Keep Swimming" as they said in Finding Nemo. Another saying is "Keep on Truckin" or "Act as If" - I'm sure that you can find a mantra that fits your personality. In short, I need to be vigilant in my efforts to succeed.
We live in financially stressful times. This cannot be ignored. I need to be prudent and become a good steward of my money. Also, I need to be a good steward of my time and efforts. I have taken a hard assessment of my time management skills. I discovered that I needed to make some changes. These are in the process.
I have begun to demand more of myself. Maximum effort. Failure is not an option. It doesn't mean that it won't occur - It just means that I focus on the rewards of success. It is the fuel that drives my efforts.
Life may be too short - but it is my life and I need to make the most of the time that I have. I choose to spend more time with those I love. Share what I have with others. Continue to become a positive influence in the lives of the people I meet. And Chase My Dreams.
What are you doing today to sweeten your life? Are you making the most of what you have? Your dreams are within reach - they're your dreams!
Your Life - Your Rules!
Namaste Speedo

No comments: